M. Catherine here, Classes for the fall have officially started- and I am HELLA stressed!
Let me know what your goals are for this semester, or if you aren’t in school, then what about the coming months? What’s on your bucket list?=
So I still haven’t exactly met my travel goals, but I have made a list of things I wanted to accomplish in the next few months:
- Keep my grades up. For me, I’m going to get real and say that college is so much harder than high school. Keeping your grades up means constantly revisiting old essays to see how you can improve, communicating with your professors, and keeping track of your syllabus. I love my school, but UMass is WAY harder than my other college was before I transferred.
- Work hard while still in quarantine. This is going to be a tricky one, because I am used to having at least a few in person classes. Only 2 of mine were online last semester. Which brings me to #3….
- Keep a schedule AND A GAME PLAN. Which is harder than it sounds. I am spontaneous, and tend to do homework when I am inspired (kind of like my writing for this blog) So keeping a schedule and sticking to it is going to be tough.
- Remember to take a break when I need it and have a little (or a lot) of fun 🙂 I like to finish papers when I start them, and when it is a ten or fifteen page term paper requiring ample research, that isn’t always possible. A technique one of my professors gave me was to schedule “writing sessions,” and no matter how much you dread the research, or even the writing, take this time to give the assignment your all. Even I need to take some time and seriously think about what I am going to write. I have demonstrated below with a meme:
5. Actually do something you LOVE besides school. I hate doing homework, and I admit it. But here’s the secret: even if your goals for the are the most important thing on your list, you need to keep it real and actually do something you love. I am going to attempt to post a little more here so I can improve my writing and hopefully stay sane this semester. I wish everyone the best of luck!